Autonomous Shuttle Specialist (Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming)
Beep, Inc has an exciting new opportunity for 5 shuttle attendants to operate our Autonomous Shuttle, the Ollie model, in Yellowstone National Park. If you have a great personality and can operate a joystick, you could enjoy the summer in beautiful Wyoming transporting guests around the campground, shopping, and lodging areas of Yellowstone. We are looking for shuttle attendants that own or have access to an RV to become a part of our team for 100 days, from May 3rd to Aug. 7th.
As an Autonomous Shuttle Specialist, you’ll start at the ground floor getting hands-on experience with this new area of technology, learn the operations from being on the front line of the business, and leverage your learnings to influence important areas such as R&D and the customer experience. You will be required to have your own RV as we will only be providing the slot at Yellowstone National Park.
Essential Job Functions:
· Effectively communicate with passengers onboard our shuttles to serve as an ambassador of the AV technology and the communities we serve
· Track, report, and troubleshoot shuttle performance in the field with the support of the technical operations team to diagnose issues and provide resolution
· Perform and document basic vehicle inspections pre- and post- shift to ensure the safety and protection of the asset
· Provide logistical support for the movement and storage of vehicles and equipment
· Ensure the readiness and cleanliness of vehicles, equipment, and the workplace
· Troubleshooting skills to research and determine causes of unexpected issues
· Confidence operating equipment with a joystick or video game controller
· Quick study with the ability to understand, and keep current on, operational requirements of the autonomous shuttle
· Effective verbal communication skills in front of small groups
· Must enjoy being a team player and interacting with the Beep team and our customers
· Professional appearance and a great attitude
· Must have a good driving record, with current state driver's license
· Good physical condition to perform essential job functions
· Must be able to pass background and reference checks
· Experience as a guide or multi-passenger driving is a plus
· Previous military, medical, or emergency responder training is a plus
· A background or interest in technology
· Experience working on a team to deliver results
The role offers paid training and 100 days of hands-on learning. You will need to provide your own RV or place to live during this time.
Beep provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this position.
The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duty requested by the supervisor.